Local Expertise. International Reach Local Expertise. International Reach
At Protopapas LLP we are routinely instructed by offshore and international individuals and entities with business and property interests in England.
Throughout our network and many years of experience, we have come to know and respect the requirements of offshore companies and international clients; and also the requirements of lenders providing finance to international clients. In addition, we assist clients based in England with matters in other jurisdictions where we have associated law firms and agents. We want all transactions and matters to be as seamless as possible, including for our international clients. Below we outline some of the ways in which we aim to achieve this:
- We are very familiar with offshore company structures, trusts and legal requirements. We work with law firms and company agents based in various offshore jurisdictions who are fast, professional and reliable and with whom we maintain strong relationships.
- We are familiar with dealing with estates of persons domiciled in the UK which consist of assets based both in the UK and abroad. This requires our regular cooperation with lawyers and benefices in other jurisdictions. We are also often instructed to deal with estates of persons domiciled abroad and who have assets in the UK.
- We are a member of Eurojuris International, a leading network of over 600 independent law firms based throughout 30 European countries. This allows us to build relationships with legal and other professionals throughout Europe through cross-border networking.
- We have an in house Property & Business Consultancy – Queens House – which provides a rage of Business Services to onshore and offshore entities including onshore and offshore company formations and business administration services.
- We have a number of Greek speaking solicitors and solicitors/staff members who speak Hindi & Benegali.
- We have various associated law firm offices in Greece, Cyprus, The Lebanon and more who are on hand to assist clients as and when necessary.
- We acknowledge the fact that offshore clients may not be familiar with English law and procedure. We therefore take extra time and care in explaining all procedures involved in a transaction or in litigation and keep our clients regularly updated throughout. We are on hand to answer all questions in a timely and professional manner.
- We regularly work with tax specialists and advisers who are able to advise on international tax liability.
For further information or assistance please call us on 020 7636 2100