Chrysanthos Protopapas Chrysanthos Protopapas
Chrysanthos Protopapas LLB graduated in Law from The University of Reading in 2011 and completed his Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, London in 2012. Chrysanthos completed his training at Protopapas LLP, qualified as a solicitor in April 2014 and was made partner in September 2016.
Areas of Practice
Chrysanthos undertakes work and is experienced in various areas of law, including:
- Civil & Commercial Litigation
- Property Litigation (Member of the Property Litigation Association)
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Family, Private Client and Probate including: Matrimonial Proceedings, Wills, Powers of Attorney, Administration of Estates and Contentious Probate.
- Business & Commercial Matters including: formation, structure and management of limited liability onshore and offshore companies and other forms of business structure, related company documents, contracts, agreements, employment matters and intellectual property protection and disputes.
Through his in house management company, Queens House UK Limited, Chrysanthos and his other colleagues offer a full range of property, company and management services.
Chrysanthos is dedicated to his clients and always aims at building a respectable rapport and understanding with them; this enables him to provide proper and professional advice and representation at all times and he is always prepared to fight his client’s corner. He regularly deals with both domestic and offshore clients and is very familiar with offshore company structures and requirements. He also speaks Greek which he finds to be a great advantage when dealing with Greek speaking clients.
Notable Transactions & Cases
- Acting for the borrower in taking a loan in the sum of £15 million secured over a collection of 37 classic cars worth in excess of £40 million
- Assisted in the purchase of 50 Pall Mall for £61 million
- Assisted in the purchase of 23 Savile Row for £277.5 million
- Acting for the landlord in the eviction of a tenant of premises on Kensington High Street comprising of 29 units let as serviced apartments. Successfully obtaining possession and money judgment for rent arrears in excess of £350,000.
- Acting for the landlord in successfully obtaining possession from the hotel operator of 30 bedroom hotel situated on the Knightsbridge
- Acting for the 100% shareholder in the sale of its shares held in an offshore company holding hotel/property assets in excess of £15 million
- Assisted in the purchase of the Brunswick Shopping Centre for £135 million
- Defending proceedings brought by a tenant against an estate agent and landlord claiming wrongful eviction, damages and reinstatement into the property. Successfully defending proceedings on behalf of the estate agent and successfully defending two subsequent appeals brought by the tenant, one of which was heard in the High Court
- Assisted in the complex acquisition of mixed use iconic building in North London for £14.6 million
- Advising and acting for landlord in respect of £7+ million dispute over a central London hotel valuation carried out by one of London’s leading hotel valuers
- Defending claim for possession by mortgagee in respect of multiple properties situated in London which were purchased in 1996 in Greek drachma. Successfully agreeing settlement (70% reduction of claim amount) and discharge of all related mortgages
- Defending High Court proceedings by mortgagee against a personal guarantor of a loan secured against a property in the sum of £6.4 million
Charles Darwin once said that “a man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life”. I am a true believer of this saying, both in my profession and personal life.