David Berens David Berens
David Berens BA(Dunelm) graduated from Durham University in 1984, having read Law & Politics. David then went to the College of Law and finalised his training at one of Manchester’s top commercial law firms, before qualifying as a solicitor in 1988.
Areas of Practice
David has over 30 years’ experience in West End commercial law practices.
David is experienced in acting on all aspects of Company and Commercial matters in particular company sales and purchases and the commercial and financial aspects of property transactions. He also advises on venture capital transactions and estate planning for high net worth individuals. David is also regularly instructed on:
- Property joint ventures, developments and construction contracts.
- Share sale and purchases; drafting agreements and ancillary documentation.
- Asset sale and purchases; drafting agreements and ancillary documentation including management buy-outs and purchases from receivers and liquidators.
- Company law requirements for commercial transactions.
- Company reorganisations including purchase / redemption of own shares; preparing tax clearances and all the necessary documentation.
- New companies; preparing and attending to all necessary matters to incorporate and advising.
- Advice on employment law (contentious and non-contentious).
- Commercial disputes including relating to intellectual property.
- Enforceability of commercial contracts, taxation, insolvency law, intellectual property (including computer software), banking law, investment opportunities and gaming and lotteries law.
- Drafting and negotiating all types of commercial agreements; including: option agreements, franchise agreements, distribution agreements, contracts for services, contracts of service, consultancy agreements, technical services agreements, oil industry related agreements, joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements, subscription agreements, loan agreements, management agreements, partnership agreements, standard terms and conditions of sale and purchase.
Pro Bono Work
David gives of his time on a pro bono basis as a trustee of a number of charities and organizations, including Just Rifles which provides immediate funds to meet the needs of injured Riflemen going through rehabilitation.
“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” Winston Churchill