Sarwan Ghuman Sarwan Ghuman
Sarwan Ghuman BA (Hons) graduated from Kingston University with a BA (Hons) in Business and Media Cultural Studies. She began her legal career in 2008 by completing a Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in London, qualifying as a solicitor with the City based firm of Royds LLP in August 2012.
Sarwan joined Protopapas LLP in May 2021 and is a private client solicitor. Sarwan is a fully qualified member of STEP, the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and is currently working towards accreditation with Solicitors for the Elderly, the independent national organisation of lawyers, who provide specialist legal advice for older and vulnerable people, their families and carers.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Sarwan’s areas of practice include:
- Wills and Codicils
- Powers of Attorney
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Probate and Administration of Estates
- Court of Protection Applications and Matters
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- Elderly Care
NOTABLE MATTERS AND EXPERIENCE
Sarwan has undertaken work in a variety of private client matters and routinely advises on the following:
- The preparation of straightforward and complex wills including those requiring trusts, such as disabled persons trusts.
- Estate and Inheritance Tax planning within wills and lifetime trusts.
- Administration of estates including estates with foreign assets and elements and where the Deceased was of foreign domicile.
- The preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney both for Property and Financial Matters and also for Health and Welfare.
- Court of Protection matters including Applications for Deputyship Orders and Applications to the Court of Protection on behalf of attorneys.